Thursday 5 February 2015

Locational Photography for Alex Drozd (Subject: Architecture )




Locational Photography (Architecture) 



For Alex's assignment I have chosen Architecture

Here are my nine photos.



















 This photo was taken in St Martin's Church, Bullring. This is a stain glass window in a dark area and it gives the window a lonely feel but the colours are vibrant. In Photoshop I outlined the stain glass window with the magnetic pen tool and paint the background black to make it stand out even more. I took the photo direct on to get a central position. 




























This
photo was taken in St.Martins church in the city centre.  I wanted to capture the whole church so I took the photo with a wide angle lens. I took the photo in HDR (Using brackets) because I wanted to capture the light differences. I took twenty five photos ranging from 1" to 15" seconds long. In Photoshop I put the photos together in the HDR app. Once the picture came out like this I adjusted the contrast and brightness and also the sharpness. I think this photo is a success because I captured the photo the way I wanted to, where all the light is captured 
and just shows how big the church is . I have done the same process on the photo below.




















 After taking the photo the other end of the church I thought that I needed to take one this side to show the churches full view and see how amazing it really is. 


















This photo is of the Last Supper and this was taken in St.Martins Church. I took the photo to capture the golden cross and Jesus in the background but I really wanted the cross to be the eye catcher. The original photo was extended to the whole table of The Last Supper but I cropped the image to focus on the cross with Jesus in the background. After I done that I sharpened the image to give it a crisp feeling. This photo is successful because I have good tonal range and it shows a lot of detail.  






































    This image was taken in the Custard Factory in Digbeth. I was about to take the photo of the lion and the trees on their own but the little boy walked in shot a put his hands behind his back. I found this amazing and I was in the right place right time. The reason I took the photo like that was because I wanted to capture the symmetry in the trees and the lions face.  In Photoshop I cropped the image and I also sharpened the image. I find the photo a success because the little boy with his hands behind his back while studying the piece of work.

I took this photo just outside the Custard Factory at the time we was looking for symmetry. I took the photo looking up and try to capture the patterns and the structure. When I took the photo it seem too dark so on Photoshop I changed the brightness and contrast and also sharpened the image like I do to all my photos. I really think this photo is very successful because I captured the sky in its prime during the day and I love that it has reflected off the windows.

























 This photo was taken outside St.Martins Church. I captured the spire looking through some interesting architecture in the ceiling. I took the photo through the ceiling because I thought the spire will stand out but also the architecture to catch your eye too. I didn't  
Photoshop this photo much just a simple sharpen of the image. I think this image is successful because the this looks like a picture inside a picture and that's what I was going for.  Also I think the photo resembles the new and the old. The new being the structure in the ceiling and old being the church spire.


























This is one of my favourite photos I have ever taken. This was taken inside the Custard Factory.  You can see this photo two ways, are they going up or down? I took the photo looking up to make it as if the people are flying/falling. In another photo the same I used the flash but I prefer the one without because the statues resemble shadows. In photo shop I change around with the colour balance because it had a blue tint over the image. I think this image is successful because its personally one of my favourties. 






































This photo was taken in a secret area on the outside of  St.Martins Church. Before this photo I went to the church a week before to plan out. I found this creepy door way. I took the picture at this angle because I wanted to capture the moss around the door and the patterns of the stone. In photo shop I lowered the pixels in the picture to give it a better look also I sharpened it. This photo is successful because I captured the moss and the patterns the way I wanted too. I wanted to make the door way creepy and secluded and this is what I achieved. It feels the doorway has been neglected. 































No comments:

Post a Comment